Subject: ftpd per host connection limit
To: None <>
From: dieter <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/08/2003 13:00:02
Hi everybody,

About three weeks ago, I moved to a faster machine which now
also is a mirror for some linux distributions (linux-from-scratch and
slackware for those who care). It seems that linux users aren't as pollite
as NetBSD users as it now frequently happens that a client makes up to 10
connections to download a file. Because I don't like selfish people, I
have implemented support for a connection limit per host in NetBSD's ftpd.
But before I take it in production or send-pr, I'd like some more
experienced eyes than mine looking at it. All comments are welcome.

The code adds the possibility for a limitperhost directive to ftpd.conf
which is exactly like limit but, well, limits the number connections
coming from one host.

	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley