Subject: Re: nightly report "network" section.
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Perry E.Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/07/2003 17:27:20
"Greg A. Woods" <woods@weird.com> writes:
> How about using awk instead, which would avoid the explicit use of magic
> column numbers, and would also allow the output columns to be spread out
> a bit more to deal with the common case where the existing netstat
> report doesn't leave enough width for the numbers?

Thanks for the script -- I committed it (with some minor formatting
changes) as part of /etc/daily.

For people who still want the old verbose output of netstat, I've
added a "full_netstat" variable in daily.conf which they can set to
"YES", the default is "NO".

On my machines, the daily output now fits in less than a single
screen, is less than 80 columns wide, and contains the information I'm
actually interested in....

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com