Subject: Re: Question about rdist
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/02/2003 11:45:39
On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 02:04:55PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
  | Finally, I wanted to provide /usr/bin/rdist to be rdist 6, but then
  | I also wanted to keep /usr/old/rdist around. But we did not have /usr/old
  | so I punted. This was years ago, and I am not sure if /usr/bin/rdist is
  | relevant anymore (I think that very few people actually use it, and they
  | could easily port to version 6).

Is "/usr/old/rdist" specified by the remote client or the local
server?  We could always use a different pathname for the
"old server binary" to use when an old client connects, such as
"/usr/libexec/oldrdist".

IIRC, the new client will talk to an old server, so we don't need
to have the "old" version in normal paths.