Subject: Re: static linking for NetBSD
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/16/2003 03:15:55
[ On Tuesday, September 16, 2003 at 14:27:03 (+0930), Brett Lymn wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: static linking for NetBSD
>
> Having no personal interest in any of the approaches it seems to me
> that _if_ BSD auth can be layered over the top of PAM then we will
> have a good thing.

If you're talking about the client API alone, then perhaps.  However if
you're talking about the whole framework then you've missed the whole
point about BSD Auth and you need to start over.

>  We cannot ignore the direction most other vendors
> are going because we will just be left as a lone voice in the
> wilderness... another reason not to use NetBSD, something we must
> avoid.

Way too late.  NetBSD is already way off in the void if that's what you
consider to be "the wilderness".

Personally I find ignoring the mass market on issues like this to be a
VERY good thing.

--
						Greg A. Woods