Subject: Re: BSD auth for NetBSD
To: Roland Dowdeswell <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/13/2003 02:03:46
[ On Saturday, September 13, 2003 at 00:18:21 (-0400), Roland Dowdeswell wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: BSD auth for NetBSD
> Have you read the [Linux] PAM code?  I took a quick glance at it
> and it looks surprisingly like there is support for building it
> statically.

Last time I tried looking at the Linux PAM code I got queasy and I
quickly reverted to looking at the FreeBSD PAM code!  ;-)

I'm not entirely surprised that support for static linking might be
making its way into Linux-land given the rate Linux is being adopted
into more embedded systems projects.

I am somewhat pleasantly surprised to hear this though.  :-)

						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>          Secrets of the Weird <>