Subject: Re: BSD auth for NetBSD
To: NetBSD Security Technical Discussion List <tech-security@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/12/2003 18:47:38
On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 06:37  PM, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> People say they want AFS support and that they currently use PAM on
> (pick-your-favourite-commercial-OS-or-linux) to make it work, but yet
> AFS can quite easily be integrated into a system using BSD Auth with
> only a slight modification to the existing mechanisms for registering
> AFS credentials for a process group.

You claim it is "only a slight modification", but you have provided no
technical specifics on how it would be implemented.  Do you really know
how difficult it is (or isn't)?

Note I don't know the answer to that myself ... but I also don't want a
simple dismissive "oh, it'll be easy" when, in fact, it might be quite
hard.