Subject: Re: 4-clause to 3-clause license
From: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 08/07/2003 18:36:48
> not sure if tech-userlevel is a good place to ask this.
>>Move UCB-licensed code from 4-clause to 3-clause licence.
>>Patches provided by Joel Baker in PR 22253, verified by myself.
> does UCB license change (from 4-clause to 3-clause) cover code that is
> not originally shipped with 4.4BSD? here we are changing license on
> BIND8 (BIND8 was not in 4.4BSD, BIND4 was), ISC DHCP and tcpdump.
> files *may* have derived from 4.4BSD code, but i'm just not sure if
> these BIND8 source code are covered by UCB license change.
another thing: tcpdump includes old style UCB license, such as:
should we remove (3) here as well?
* Copyright (c) 1995
* The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that: (1) source code distributions
* retain the above copyright notice and this paragraph in its entirety, (2)
* distributions including binary code include the above copyright notice and
* this paragraph in its entirety in the documentation or other materials
* provided with the distribution, and (3) all advertising materials mentioning
* features or use of this software display the following acknowledgement:
* ``This product includes software developed by the University of California,
* Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory and its contributors.'' Neither the name of
* the University nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse
* or promote products derived from this software without specific prior
* written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
* MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.