Subject: What's the issue with vs. "ntpd"?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/16/2003 11:45:12
Hi,

I'm on a mission to get NetBSD's changes to ntpd merged into the main
distribution, and I'm finally starting to get a handle on it. There is
this one thing about which I have no clue. You elided all possibility
of including <ieeefp.h> with this commit message:

    date: 2000/05/03 06:08:45;  author: simonb;  state: Exp;  lines: +12 -0
    Fix the <ieeefp.h> problem a different way - nothing actually uses the
    contents of that header (the only file that includes it compiles to the
    same object code on multiple architectures with or without including
    <ieeefp.h>), so remove all references to it.

    Fix sent to NTP maintainers - they will probably implement this change
    after the immenient 4.1.0 release, but don't want to change it so close

Do you, or does anyone, remember what the problem was, or what the
other way of fixing it was? It's still included in ntp_utils.c in
ntp-dev, but there are other changes to the way floating point is used
in that file that may (or may not) make it irrelevant. Will someone
please enlighten me?

Frederick