Subject: Re: tools from original berkeley source
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/12/2003 11:42:41
ragge@ludd.luth.se said:

>Hopefully you are aware of that only the 32V tools are legal to
>distribute, Berkeley has not yet released their patches in public.
>So if openbsd have imported anything later than the 32V diff then
>they are heavily violating the copyright law.

As far as I can tell, only the source in 4.4BSD-Lite2 is legal to use
under the terms of the original suit. Diff and diff3 were excised from
that source tree.

It seems to me that using source from 32V would be very iffy, considering
the wording of the Caldera license, and the current SCO legal moves.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com