Subject: Re: Setting FP precision: fpgetprec() and fpsetprec()
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/29/2003 17:37:55
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> Comments on this?  I'd like to check it in soon so I can feed back the
> patch to GCC that quashes 5 testsuite failures :-)

I have no comments on fpgetprec() and fpsetprec(), but I don't think
it is the correct way to remove the FP failures in the gcc testsuite...

It is IMHO much better to make gcc understand that NetBSD defaults to
double-precision (which is what I believe RTH's old
ieee_extended_intel_96_round_53_format patch to gcc/real.[ch] does.
See Loren's updated patch, sent to gcc-patches last week...)

   /Krister