Subject: Re: is PT_STACKSIZE too small?
To: T.SHIOZAKI <tshiozak@bsdclub.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/24/2003 12:43:44
"T.SHIOZAKI" <tshiozak@bsdclub.org> writes:

> From: "Nathan J. Williams" <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
> Subject: Re: is PT_STACKSIZE too small?
> Date: 24 Jun 2003 11:52:42 -0400
>
> > It's true that there is a problem with PT_STACKSIZE limiting the size
> > of the initial stack (which should be limited by RLIMIT_STACK
> > instead), and that changing PT_STACKSIZE is a potential
> > workaround. But....
> >
> > Why is emacs getting linked with libpthread?
>
> via libX11.so indirectly.

I don't think libX11.so should be linked against libpthread either; it
should just be using the weak pthread stubs in libc when linked into a
program that isn't itself linked against libpthread. My last builds of
XFree86 4.3.0 on i386 and macppc didn't end up with libX11.so linked
against libpthread...

        - Nathan