Subject: Re: pax problem+fix
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/21/2003 16:14:50
Hans Bulfone <jsb@atnet.at> wrote:
> hi!
>
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 01:29:48PM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> > Why should it try to remove a directory?
> >
> > Or am I missing something?
>
> Maybe I was not clear enough:

<snip>

I see.  I misunderstood (or rather failed to look at pax's source and
was confused as to why anything should be removed).

> > P.S.: Should we move this thread to tech-pkg?
>
> I've also wondered which of the two lists is more appropriate, as it's
> only a problem when using pkgsrc on Linux, but I don't know since I'm
> new to both :(

Actually, tech-userlevel seems more appropriate in this context.

FWIW, on Linux using ext3 the pax command works fine.

-Jan

--
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a
month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."