Subject: Re: CVS_RSH to ssh
To: David Laight <>
From: David Brownlee <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/17/2003 11:03:53
On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, David Laight wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 05:16:53PM +0900, wrote:
> > 	do people object much if i apply the following patch, to make
> > 	ssh(1) the default way for cvs to contact remote host?
> Two questions:
> 1) why?

	Most people tend to use cvs over ssh nowdays - particularly
	anyone dealing with the NetBSD source tree (pkgsrc included).

> 2) what about systems that don't have ssh installed?

	These would tend to be infrequent in modern NetBSD systems :)

	We would need to document the change loudly, but I would very
	much like to see it made.

		David/absolute          -- No hype required --