Subject: Re: pax-as-tar extract to stdout patch
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: James Chacon <jmc@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/16/2003 18:27:51

>Yes, that's OK because that's a human doing that on the command-line.
>
>Such features still should not be used in src/distrib, nor should
>anything but the native 'pax' interface be used by the build process.

Why? Are you trying to claim that no features in the tools beyond
"standard" ones should be used in the build? Well, in that case we probably
should just fold up shop since we won't be able to use the compiler, binutils,
and other things..

This is why there's a tools section that gets compiled first when building
and provides all the tools needed to build a system.

James