Subject: Re: mount remounts... is PR 444 back?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: mouss <usebsd@free.fr>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/05/2003 11:35:29
At 13:41 04/06/2003 -0400, der Mouse wrote:

>The only reason you don't get this with ufs (&c) mounts is that you
>can't mount the same device more than once.  But you can mount
>/dev/sd1f on /mnt and then /dev/sd2a on /mnt if you like.

I have to update my head...
was almost certain that you couldn't mount the same fs on the same mount
point multiple times. Now, I indeed don't see any problems with this.

>"Unix doesn't prevent you from doing stupid things because that would
>also prevent you from doing clever things."  I'm not quite sure what
>the "clever thing" could be in this case, but people generally can't
>see them ahead of time....

agreed.
(That said, what's true for such clever things is also true for bugs,
complications,
and such... one can't see'em ahead of time:-)

Thanks

mouss