Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/sys
To: None <>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/31/2003 13:39:54
In article <> you write:
>Ben Harris <> writes:
>> Alternatively, don't include <unistd.h>, but hard-code the value of
>> _SC_PAGESIZE.  This avoids polluting the application's namespace, and
>> matches existing practice (CLK_TCK in <time.h>).
>It might be argued that it's matching bad existing practice.

Quite possibly.  I'm inclined to at least add an extra definition of
_SC_PAGESIZE and _SC_CLK_TCK in the relevant places, so that the compiler
will shout if they ever get out of sync.  Maybe even better would be a
<sys/sysconf.h> which declares __sysconf() and _SC_*, and is included by
<time.h>, <sys/shm.h> and <unistd.h>.

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:>