Subject: Re: technical acronyms (misc/17559)
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/08/2003 22:13:49
Hubert Feyrer <> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Julio Merino wrote:
> > afaik, the share/misc/acronyms file is not intended to contain technical
> > acronyms.  Although, I could find it useful if wtf(6) could explain what
> > some of these terms mean; this is why I sent PR misc/17559 at first.
> >
> > But, as said above, that file should not contain this stuff.  So what
> > to do? Close this PR?
> > Or maybe we can add an acronyms.comp (or whatever) file to contain such
> > words?
> Move wtf to some other place, make it a package and add things there.

Eew, I don't like that.  I'd rather suggest to add a flag to wtf and
thus allow it to use a different file.  Say

wtf -f ~/my.acronyms bsd

Then you can alias it and keep your own private acronyms file.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.