Subject: Re: Creating a binary package
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/26/2003 16:26:51
On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Lucio De Re wrote:
> I want to wrap up a modified distribution of a binary (licenced)
> package for propagation to a number of sites.

If you will be creating packages for things that are not (yet?) in
pkgsrc, then you should probably study Packages.txt and some examples.
port2pkg, url2pkg, pkglint, pkgdiff, mkpatches, patchdiff, "make
makesum" and "make makepatchsum" can also be your friends.

If you will be adding private patches to things that are already in
pkgsrc, then you probably need pkgdiff, mkpatches, patchdiff and "make
makepatchsum".

If all you want is a binary package for something that is already in
pkgsrc, then you should use "make package".

--apb (Alan Barrett)