Subject: Re: chksniff
To: Douwe Kiela <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/22/2003 17:20:15
On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Douwe Kiela wrote:
> Hey, I wrote a small tool to check if network interfaces are in promiscuous
> mode,called chksniff. Is there interest for something like this in NetBSD's
> src/usr.bin or whatever? I've seen things in there like 'chkpath' and such,
> so I tought perhaps this would be a good additions to it.

I think this is a very nice example of how to do some programming.
You can also check out the interface flags with ifconfig btw, e.g.

I'm not sure if this should go in-tree. If anything, pkgsrc would be a
better place for it, feel free to send-pr a pkg.

Also, my NetBSD doesn't have chkpath of anything similar. ;)

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->