Subject: Re: dynamic linking
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/19/2003 16:30:14
Le Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:22:01 -0600 (CST)
Frederick Bruckman a ecrit :
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Quentin Garnier wrote:
>
> > Le Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:31:58 +0200
> > Lucio De Re a ecrit :
[...]
> > ld.elf_so needs a hint on where to find libraries. You can add hints
> > in/etc/ld.so.conf (adding /usr/X11R6/lib here is fine),
>
> That's not supposed to work on NetBSD. The file installed with the
> system by default has a different format (and a different purpose).

And what exactly makes you say so ? Given ld.so.conf(5), two types of
entries can exist, one being a test on the value of a sysctl OID to link
additional libraries, the other being paths to look libraries in.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.