Subject: Re: bin/15142: cron doesn't use login.conf process limits
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/14/2003 15:09:36
Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us> wrote on Fri, 14 Mar 2003
at 11:16:45 -0800 in <20030314111645.A28074@hubba.boogers.sf.ca.us>:

> > i'd be happy to volunteer some time, though i have little these days.
> > its unclear how one volunteers...perhaps this is it.
>
> <aol>
> me, too!
> </aol>

It's certainly the case that implementing solutions for problems
addressed in PRs is useful.

Of course, it's necessary that solutions be reasonable and acceptable.

So if the solution to a PR is noncontroversial, implement the solution
and email the diffs to the PR. Then "find someone to commit it," which
should be straightforward, especially in the light of PRs with owners,
even if those owners are things like "bin-bug-people@netbsd.org."

In the absence of a clear owner, a query can be directed to the
appropriate tech- list.

If the solution is potentially controversial, then it should probably
be discussed on the relevent tech- list prior to implementation.

It's possible we could have better procedures, but the above should
be sufficient for the nonce.

--jhawk