Subject: Turning off bits (tools) during a toolchain build
To: None <>
From: Christos Dritsas <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/11/2003 08:34:38
Good Day,

Not sure if this is the correct list to post this on....

I desire not to build lint (among some other tools) during a NetBSD 1.6
toolchain build. Attempting to use

    MKLINT=   no

from within - as well as

While looking into this I find, within bsd.README :

    There are various make variables used during the build.  Basic rule for
    the variable naming scheme is as follows:

    MKxxx   Can be set to `no' by a user to disable functionality.
    Defaults to `yes' (or usually does)

As well as this example:

    The include file <> includes the file named "../"
    if it exists...
    If foo does not have a manual page at all, add the line:
    MKMAN=    no

Flipping the lint bit in this manner does not seem to work for me. As I
am new to this, can anyone inform me of my incorrect ways...