Subject: Re: Unix 03
To: None <>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/11/2003 11:01:44
In article <> you write:
> Unix 03 standard (set by Open Group) has quite a few changes/additions to
>unix user level commands.

I can't find anything post-UNIX-98 on TOG's main Web site.  The
"Company Review" version of UNIX 03 was mentioned on the Austin Group
list, but actually working out what it entails is ... tricky.

>I wanted to know if there is any effort to make netbsd Unix 03 compliant.

If it's anything like UNIX 98, it'll require implementing the XSI
extensions to 1003.1-2001.  NetBSD is unlikely ever to do this, since
XSI is fundamentally incompatible with BSD ps(1), echo(1), etc.

We do seem to be aiming for base 1003.1-2001 (with Corigendum 1)
conformance though.

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:>