Subject: Re: tftpd
To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/03/2003 10:24:28
On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, John Hawkinson wrote:

[JH: > Me, as an admin, would still have to figure out how to enter 0xff (a valid
[JH: > printable character in my locale btw., but not on my keyboard) for the
[JH: > symlink, but I think I would get that right.
[JH:
[JH: The manpage, perhaps under EXAMPLES, can cover this.

It seems to me that this would be better off reported under BUGS,
almost, even though it's not a bug in the TFTP implementation :).

BUGS
	Some versions of PXE network-booting ROMs insist that the last
	character of the file should be \xff.  This can be worked around
	for the time being by linking the file appropriately, i.e.

	cd tftpboot
	ln -s netboot.pxe UCIPADDR`printf '\xff'`

[JH: --jhawk

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Groovy Baby!