Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/22/2003 00:12:06
Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net> wrote on Sat, 22 Feb 2003
at 00:04:47 -0500 in <20030222000446.A2577@noc.untraceable.net>:

> To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@netbsd.org>
> Cc: source-changes@netbsd.org

Anything more than a one-off should not go to source-changes.
Moved to tech-userlevel.

> >Suppress emailing the daily security report if it is empty, unless
> >send_empty_security=YES. Implements change-request PR security/17249
> >from Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>.
>
> send_empty_security should default to YES to preserve existing
> behavior.  now that there's an option, individuals can set it to no of
> their own volition.

No.

The existing behavior benefits no one.
There's no advantage in continuing the empty reports.

We should move to a reasonable default that is good for everyone.
The time to make that transition is when the change is implemented.

--jhawk