Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/etc
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/21/2003 09:22:28
Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 09:14:38AM -0800, Jason R Thorpe:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:32:13PM -0500, Andrew Brown wrote:
>
>  > otoh, it's nice to have a mta that can at least do *local* delivery
>  > out of the box.  otherwise...where will all your nightly reports go
>  > until you install and configure an mta.  /dev/null i expect...
>
> Sure, I'm not disagreeing ... a mini_sendmail enchanced to support
> local delivery fits the bill, as far as I am concerned.

not to rock the boat too much; seems like yet another piece to maintain
while sendmail (and/or postfix) are already being maintained, and while
either could provide service equivalent to "mini_" given the proper
config.  i seem to missing the value of mini_sendmail.