Subject: Re: standards/11198 fix.
To: None <sketch@rd.bbc.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/21/2003 12:25:28
In article <20030221103815.GR26582@desk06.rd.bbc.co.uk> you write:
>FreeBSD recently imported a pathchk(1), so I've nabbed it and tidied and
>packaged at http://www.perkin.org.uk/projects/netbsd/pathchk.tar.gz
>
>The only thing I'm unsure of is that the spec says that a diagnostic
>will be written out for *each* component which fails <x> check, but both
>FreeBSD and GNU versions bail out on the first failure.  Maybe I'm
>reading it wrong...

I think you are.  The spec says:

# By default, the pathchk utility shall check each component of each
# pathname operand based on the underlying file system. A diagnostic shall
# be written for each pathname operand that:
<http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/utilities/pathchk.html>

So while each component is checked, only one diagnostic per _operand_ is
written.

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/acorn26/>