Subject: Re: du(1) with gigabyte option.
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/18/2003 13:56:37
--81JctsDUVPekGcy+

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 06:09:29PM +0100, Johan Danielsson wrote:
> gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net> writes:
>=20
> > Well, okay, then. Guess it's time to rototill my userland.
>=20
> The question remains. Why do we need -g if we have -h? Shouldn't there
> be -t, -p, -e, -z also?

We haven't come up on needing those yet. I don't think any of our
file systems would deal so well above the range of -t, at this
moment, and adding those later is fairly painless.

We need -g because the output of -h isn't sort(1)able. Arguably,
-k's enough for that, but we've already got -m, so -g makes sense.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--81JctsDUVPekGcy+