Subject: Re: du(1) with gigabyte option.
To: None <keihan@sergei.cc>
From: None <cgd@broadcom.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/18/2003 09:09:59
At Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:37:55 +0000 (UTC), "Mattias Karlsson" wrote:
> Just an idea :)
>
> If no screaming I'll commit it later tonight.

"Why?"  I.e., what's the motivation here?  OK, yeah, it's cute.  But:

* do other implementations do this?

* there already _is_ a way to do something like this for people who
  care (the BLOCKSIZE env var), and there's already -h.

so, really, the question is, why _should_ we do it, rather than "it's
fine as is."

"Just an idea" is _NOT_ an adequate reason to add a new command line
switch to a commonly-used and at least somewhat-standard utility.

chris