Subject: Re: groff update?
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/18/2003 11:29:37
Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org> writes:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 11:12:55AM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org> writes:
> > > I agree that we should just switch to the groff-supplied macros.
> > > They are written in a much cleaner way and don't have some problems ours
> > > have, like the 9-argument limitation.
> >
> > Are they GPLed? Our current macros are not.
>
> No, they are not, plain BSD license.
> FreeBSD is using them, too.

If they are under a plain BSD license, then I suggest we switch to
them, and deal with the consequences. I would suggest that we remove
the .Nm "" from our own man pages, but that we put in a patch into the
version we keep to allow that in order to allow formatting of old pages.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com