Subject: Re: Removing GNU tar and GNU cpio from src?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/18/2003 11:32:40
On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> On Jan 18, 11:05am, cjs@cynic.net (Curt Sampson) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: Removing GNU tar and GNU cpio from src?
>
> I don't know what to do about that. Do we want pkgsrc keep going on
> corrupt archives?

Yes, in the case where it's "corrupt" technically, but we manage to
extract all the required files to build the package. This would not be
global; this would be a flag in the Makefile that says "this particular
tar file is corrupt, but we know we can extract and build from it anyway."

This is basically just a workaround for Jakarta tar files that are
corrupt, but that older versions of gnu and Solaris tar extract without
complaint.

cjs