Subject: Re: bootlap-big.fs ?
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/23/2002 10:59:38
On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 09:09:25PM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
  | There are some laptop's that do not have a floppy drive, but they can boot
  | from the CD. Although, there are problems with this because the default
  | boot-big.fs will not boot (GENERIC will cause problems). I think we could
  | make a new boot image, bootlap-big.fs, which can be used to burn a CD for
  | laptops, using the GENERIC_LAPTOP kernel (as we do in bootlap{1,2}.fs).
  | Any thoughts?

[I assume we're talking about i386 here.  If so, this discussion is
 probably better suited to port-i386... ;-]

It's fairly trivial to add another boot image to the release process;
it's more a matter of how useful an extra image would be.  Since I've
seen a similar request made before, it seems like a few people would
benefit from a boot image that can be used to CD-ROM boot an
INSTALL_LAPTOP kernel, so I'll add one.

(BTW: bootlap-big.fs would contain INSTALL_LAPTOP not GENERIC_LAPTOP :)

Luke.