Subject: Re: ksh bugs and behaviour questions
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/09/2002 21:05:27
On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 08:59:48PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> . ctrl-y doesn't append to last ctrl-y
>   bash does this, and I find it quite nice when wanting to some parts in
>   the middle of a previous line

Ok, this should have been:
. ctrl-w doesn't append to last ctrl-w
  bash does this, and I find it quite nice when wanting to edit some parts in
  the middle of a previous line

I also tried looking at the ksh source on how to fix the bug I describe,
but didn't find the right place; I guessed it has something to do with
the code around line 567 in edit.c (remove all escaping backward slashes)
but I didn't find the right solution by trying around that part.

Any ideas?

For the other parts too, of course :)

 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at
What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find