Subject: Re: group quota and rquotad
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Ginsbach <ginsbach@cray.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/06/2002 15:36:55
* Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> [2002/12/06 11:15]:

> Now, I don't know if this version 2 protocol is just a linux thing, or
> is standart (maybe part of NFSv4 ?). Solaris9 still only defines rquota
> version 1; it seems it has no group quota support even for local filesystems.
> FreeBSD has no group quota support in rquota.
> Can someone with access to others operating systems check this ?

I'm pretty sure that rquota v2 is just a Linux thing.  I think they
had it long before NFSv4 was standardized.  Plus I'd be surprised
if it was a part of NFSv4.  I don't believe that rquota v1 was a
part of NFSv2 or NFSv3.

AFAIK IRIX (6.5.7 and earlier) don't support remote group quotas.
I see newer versions of IRIX (6.5.17f) support do local group
quotas.  Maybe they've added remote group quotas too?  The
rpcsvc/rquota.h and a rpcinfo -p seems to inidicate that they
haven't.

I know that Cray UNICOS and UNICOS/mk don't support remote quotas
at all -- NC1FS quotas are way different than the BSD style quotas
that everone else uses.

--
Brian Ginsbach                          Cray Inc.
email: ginsbach@cray.com                OS Software Group