Subject: FYI, complete SVID, Fourth Edition, available for download....
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/29/2002 18:47:56
FYI the "System V Interface Definition Fourth Edition", as well as the
System V ABI 4.1 (GABI) for i386 and the 3rd Edition for MIPS, as well
as the 64-bit ABI update, are all available for download:

	http://www.caldera.com/developers/devspecs/

For those who don't already know about this, these documents could be
quite useful for anyone maintaining SysV binary compatability as well as
for anyone implementing compatible APIs for easier porting of sources too.

(I've been trying without any luck to find a printed copy of the SVID.v4
to purchase but none of the book distributors I've tried can order it
from the publisher any more, so this electronic copy is a godsend I just
happened to stumble across while googling for other stuff.)

BTW, the link to the UDI documentation on that page is broken.  It should be:

	http://www.caldera.com/developers/udi/

but of course that ultimately just leads to the real meat over here:

	http://www.projectudi.org/specs.html

--
								Greg A. Woods