Subject: Re: BSD .mk files and multiple programs
To: Simon J. Gerraty <>
From: Harlan Stenn <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/24/2002 21:07:48

I have suspected that for a long time much of that paragraph was "obsolete".

Got a pointer (url?) to ODE?

I'm trying to convert a large automake-based project.  I figure I'll use
something like a perl script to do the work.

I expect the initial pass will convert a to a Makefile;
eventually I'd prefer to either *completely* automate this conversion and/or
find a way to have a .mk ruleset that would "include" the and
crack it automatically (I know this would be slower at runtime).

For the project I have in mind, cleaning/reorganizing the tree is a