Subject: Re: RFC: progressbars for fsck_ffs
To: enami tsugutomo <enami@sm.sony.co.jp>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/18/2002 08:58:56
On 18 Nov 2002 12:45:07 +0900
enami tsugutomo <enami@sm.sony.co.jp> wrote:

> Chris Gilbert <chris@netbsd.org> writes:
>
> > Can you clarify what you mean?  at boot I now get (taken from serial
> > console, so aplogies if this wraps badly):
> > Starting file system checks:
> > /dev/rwd1a: phase 1
>
> Is this output really taken from serial console *without editing*?  I
> strongly object to this change if the log file is filled lots of
> similar lines.

Yes, taken from a serial console no editing (hence my comment about
wrapping, as it's 80 chars wide), my /var/log/messages doesn't have
this, but then it doesn't have any messages from bootup, so I assume by
default it's not in there, (and quite how it would get in as syslogd
won't have started till the disks are mounted...)

Chris