Subject: Re: spam detection algorithms
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/17/2002 16:26:20
--Jl+DbTnyraiZ/loT

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 08:42:10PM +0000, David Laight wrote:

> > You probably want this, or the equivalent:
> >=20
> > define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `host62-6-97-249.in-addr.btopenworld.com')dnl
>=20
> No - because the address changes every time I dial in.

Okay, then write a three-line shell script to insert the correct name into
your MC file, regenerate the MC, and restart sendmail. Easily done.

> I would have to make sendmail do a getsockname() and a dns lookup
> after connecting to the remote host.

Easier still, have the script that connects you do the work. I do similar
things with DHCP, and have done that sort of thing with PPP in the past.

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us   Ewige Blumenkraft!
https://www.deadsexy.org/  awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep;

--Jl+DbTnyraiZ/loT