Subject: Re: spam detection algorithms
To: David Laight <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/17/2002 16:26:20

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 08:42:10PM +0000, David Laight wrote:

> > You probably want this, or the equivalent:
> >=20
> > define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `')dnl
> No - because the address changes every time I dial in.

Okay, then write a three-line shell script to insert the correct name into
your MC file, regenerate the MC, and restart sendmail. Easily done.

> I would have to make sendmail do a getsockname() and a dns lookup
> after connecting to the remote host.

Easier still, have the script that connects you do the work. I do similar
things with DHCP, and have done that sort of thing with PPP in the past.

Mason Loring Bliss   Ewige Blumenkraft!  awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep;

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)