Subject: bin/14172
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@adresearch.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/10/2002 19:08:09
Hello all,

first please have a look at bin/14172.

I have been looking into this PR and sort of hit a bump in the road.
The message is generated from a return signal in:

	src/lib/libc/gen/initgroups.c

received from:

	src/lib/libc/gen/getgrouplist.c

Since in the PR, we are hoping for better error reporting, I was wondering
what everyone's thoughts on this are? In this particular case, an E2BIG
could suffice with an amplifying information. This brings up two issues,
the first, the E2BIG would have to be dealt with in initgroups(). This, of
course raises a second issue we can revisit later which is, can we use better
error reporting in a few areas (I am guessing the answer to the latter is
a resounding YES).

So basically, some thoughts on this would be great, mainly correcting this
PR and we can fire up another thread about other error reporting/handling.

Thanks for your time,

Jay Fink <http://pyxis.homeunix.net/>
NetBSD Developer <http://www.netbsd.org/>
Senior SysAdmin/Programmer, Ipsos <http://www.ipsos.com/>