Subject: poll() emulation code
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson@gson.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/02/2002 16:19:59
Does anyone have an implementation of poll() in terms of select()
that's license-compatible with NetBSD?

The reason I ask is that the parallel make code in NetBSD's make(1)
currently supports using either poll() or select() by means of
numerous #ifdefs.  Supporting both poll() and select() is probably
useful for cross-building NetBSD on systems, but all the #ifdefs make
maintaining the code harder than it should be (case in point: fixing
bin/18895).  I would like to restructure this code to use only the
poll() interface and address the portability issue using a poll()
emulation layer.  I could write one, but I would prefer to use a
well-tested existing one.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson@gson.org