Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/bin/ksh
To: Joerg Klemenz <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/30/2002 13:42:39
[ On Monday, September 30, 2002 at 14:32:48 (+0000), Joerg Klemenz wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/bin/ksh
> Greg A. Woods wrote:
> >
> > You're not making any sense.  A "wrapping line editor" is an oxymoron.
> > One line cannot be "wrapped" -- it must be scrolled horizontally.
> Now you are nit-picking.

Perhaps, but then again, perhaps not.

> When I say "like bash" you know what I mean
Hmmm -- yes, "bash is broken"  :-)

(It screws up my screen, i.e. causes vertical scrolling, when I edit
long command lines.  The interactive history search in bash is even more
broken and annoying.)

> It's not hard for you because you have been doing that for 15 years or
> so.

That's why I publish my ~/.* files -- so I can share what I've learned
from my experience.

> With a startup sequence like csh or zsh uses everyone can do than
> in 5 minutes.

I still don't see where your problem is -- perhaps you should try to
define the functional requirements you're seeking to utilize.

								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <>;           <>