Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/bin/ksh
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/28/2002 20:41:24
>> The NetBSD console gives ^[[8~
>> for <END> not ^[[F
> A, well then I guess on some versions of NetBSD, including what
> you're using, the console is not ANSI x3.64 compatible.

I'm fairly sure that X3.64 specifies interpretation of escape/control
sequences on output and has nothing whatever to do with converting
keystrokes into anything else on input - with the arguable exception of
the KAM mode for SM/RM sequences, which has nothing to do with the
subject at hand (it corresponds to a "keyboard locked" state).

That's certainly what I remember from when I read it, though that was
admittedly quite some time ago; the file of notes I took at the time
agrees with my memory.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign