Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/bin/ksh
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/27/2002 16:13:51
>I would like to see "toor" go away, and root's shell default to "ksh".

Yep, me too.  But I'm biased.

>For "csh" refugees, we have pdksh functions for "pushd", "popd", and
>"dirs" in the tree -- it would be nice to actually install those
>somewhere and have them added to the function path and autoloaded by
>default (in both "/root" and "/etc/skel").

I could add my ksh.kshrc and ksh.cdhist is very cool "cd -l" list
directories you've recently visited, cd -3 cd's to the 3rd last etc.
Only problem with ksh.cdhist is the original author is unknown, the
colleague who gave it to be mentioned the author's name and that I could
use/abuse it etc.  But I didn't note the guys name and now don't
remember - it was nearly 10 years ago ;-)

ksh.kshrc at least works with bash too - not sure about ksh.cdhist.
Both can be found at http://www.crufty.net/ftp/pub/unix/configs/etc/
if anyone is interested.

--sjg