Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/bin/ksh
To: Julio Merino <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/27/2002 18:15:46
[ On Friday, September 27, 2002 at 22:09:48 (+0200), Julio Merino wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/bin/ksh
> someone:
> >
> > Also the scrolling (non-wrapping) line editor sucks big time.
> I *HATE* it too... and I haven't found a way to disable it :(

Disabling the scrolling of long lines would imply you could only type
lines as the difference between the width of your screen/window and the
part of the prompt that prefixes the command-line.  That seems rather
restrictive to me.

I think y'all should get used to using horizontal scrolling in
interactive line editors like the one in pdksh.

								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <>;           <>