Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/bin/ksh
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Klemenz <joerg@gmx.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/27/2002 18:07:06
Bang Jun-Young wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 05:35:04AM -0700, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 12:55:27PM +0200, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:
> > > With these friendly new defaults, perhaps it's time for another flame
> > > war about changing root's default shell :-)
> >
> > I'm all for changing it to sh or ksh.
>
> I vote for ksh.

Me too.

Just one thing: Our ksh has some highly annoying bugs and/or
non-features in interactive use mostly:

home/end/ctrl-arrow won't work, also Fn or ^L etc.
Just try (in emacs mode) bind "^[[8~"=end-of-line
(bind -m ..=^E won't work too)

Also the scrolling (non-wrapping) line editor sucks big time.

Also the lack of a .kshrc file or whatever forces you to put ksh
specific stuff in .profile or $ENV and ifdef it out which doesnt
always work.

Does it make any sense to file a PR? (because pd ksh is "external?)

Are there any chances that our ksh will be enhanced one day?

Is PD KSH still maintained? The copyright suggests its from '99?

--
joerg klemenz <joerg@gmx.net>