Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/bin/ksh
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/26/2002 11:45:46
[ On Thursday, September 26, 2002 at 08:36:14 (-0500), Frederick Bruckman wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/bin/ksh
>
> I would like to see "toor" go away, and root's shell default to "ksh".
> For "csh" refugees, we have pdksh functions for "pushd", "popd", and
> "dirs" in the tree -- it would be nice to actually install those
> somewhere and have them added to the function path and autoloaded by
> default (in both "/root" and "/etc/skel").

Then you could do what I've done and finally remove all remaining
vestiges of csh from the entire system!  :-)

(even though it has been nearly a decade since I last used csh I still
occasionally still find my fingers trying to type "!!<CR>" or even more
horrid controtions of the '!' "command" :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods