Subject: libdialog
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/17/2002 15:35:56
Hi,

I've been a FreeBSD user for a long time who recently switched to
NetBSD. NetBSD ships with menu(3X) as an easy way to generate menu based
ncurses applications. I'm currently porting a little tool I made from
FreeBSD to NetBSD, and have found libdialog to be better (IMHO) to the
current menu lib. Is there any chance we could get libdialog into base
or is it a better idea to make a package out of it?

For those who don't know, libdialog is a lib'ified dialog that allows C
programs to create dialog-like menus, and currently used by FreeBSD's
sysinstall.

What do you people think of libdialog vs menu? Any feedback greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net