Subject: Re: finger
To: None <>
From: Kimmo Suominen <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/11/2002 21:49:58
I didn't get the message by T.SHIOZAKI that Johan is quoting below, so
I'm replying to Johan's message...

As you probably could tell from my commit message, I was not happy with
the fingerd change myself.  I just wanted to have a quick hack to make
myself happy by seeing 8-bit data from fingerd.	 I should have taken the
two more minutes that it took to do it right.

I just committed a -8 option to finger(1) and fingerd(8), which enable
true 8-bit pass-through.  The -i option is gone from fingerd(8).

+ Kim