Subject: Re: finger
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/10/2002 10:26:56
[ On Tuesday, September 10, 2002 at 15:45:42 (+0900), T.SHIOZAKI wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: finger
> I looked at your commit.
> This is typically abuse of ISO C locale system.

No, I don't think so.  Your patch is far worse for code in a system that
uses C locales, I think.

If I read it correctly it seems your suggested patch, even the corrected
followup, does not make the correct checks when displaying characters if
'-8' is used.

The client program must still ensure only characters that are valid
"printable" characters in the user's current locale are sent to the
user's terminal.

								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <>;           <>