Subject: Re: finger
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/08/2002 11:35:12
In e-mail (MIME) the server (sender) does not know the character set of
the clients (recipients).  It labels what it sends, and the client is
left to deal with representing the data to the user.  In other words,
the client character set is *not* communicated to the server.

However, the above is off-topic here, because we are not talking about
extending the protocol.  However, my changes do not preclude a protocol
extension from being developed and implemented.

+ Kim